FT Live, the global conferences and events division of the Financial Times, recruits and trains entry-level marketers to help convene the brightest minds at FT events, for unique conversations that inspire and transform.
FT Live has created a 12 month marketing internship in memory of Craig Law, a smart, accomplished, and infectiously funny senior marketing manager who originally joined the FT as an intern and rose through the ranks at FT Live. Sadly, Craig passed away in June 2018.
We are looking for talented, driven and kind individuals like Craig who have a passion for people and want to be part of our global team. This is for somebody who wants to develop a career in marketing, who has an interest in live events and international affairs.
Based in London and working as a marketing intern within a busy events team, the person in this position will work closely with key stakeholders across the division. This role is equally split between marketing tasks and liaising directly with customers – responding to inbound enquiries in an efficient and personable way.
The Craig Law Marketing Internship is now open for applications. The successful applicant will join us in September 2018 for a period of 12 months. This could be an ongoing role for the right candidate.
- A flexible, adaptable and organised approach to work, exercising initiative and working independently as appropriate. Strong organisation and time-management skills.
- A high degree of accuracy in work practices and ability to cope well under pressure.
- Proven experience of providing administrative support. Excellent record keeping skills, both electronically and for hard copies.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office including Excel and Word. Working knowledge of Salesforce or other CRM systems would be a bonus.
- Good telephone manner and great customer service skills!
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to create, manage and maintain databases and write reports.
- A relevant degree would be desirable by not essential.
- An additional language would be an advantage but not essential.
- Responsible for the customer services for assigned marketers and therefore events.
- Build and update event microsites using FT Live’s content management system and ensure that registration is fully integrated between our various back-end platforms.
- Check microsites to ensure that they follow a website checklist.
- Ensure automated emails have been set up and work with the marketer to proof these ahead of go-live.
- Respond to sponsor requests / queries as required.
- Assist with design requests.
- Assist with social, including pre-event marketing tweets, watermarking and uploading photos, creating social media widgets for websites etc.
- Liaise with marketers to ensure that all print and digital advertising collateral is sent to the relevant internal supporting publications.
- Where required, help to create marketing dashboards and marketing reports to help marketers present on campaign activity and results.
- Create data lists and qualify senior-level professionals for invitation to our high-profile conferences and events.
- Help marketers to secure appropriate media partners for events and assist with fulfilling contractual obligations.
- For Strategic Solutions, help cross reference lists of invitees vs those who have confirmed, between Excel and our registration system.
- Assist with setting up at-event technology.
- Opportunity to attend some of our events both in and outside of UK.
The successful applicant will demonstrate all of the above plus a thorough and organised approach to prioritising and managing a varied workload.
To apply, click here.