The FT is proud to offer internships offering an insight into the world of journalism.
Internships will be as varied as the news agenda, but we are looking for people who can be flexible enough to research and write their own stories in consultation with editors, assist senior correspondents with reporting, help with curation and take on digital projects that augment our coverage.
Applications are currently closed but will reopen in Spring 2021.
All London internships are paid at the London Living Wage.
New York Newsroom
Applications are now closed for our 2021 US Summer Internship programme.
The 2022 programme will open in December 2021.
Editorial Awards and Fellowships
Editorial offer a number of internships and competitive awards, with small bursaries, for aspiring journalists.
- The Paul McClean Graduate Trainee Programme recruits and trains entry-level journalists for long-term careers at one of the world’s leading global news organisations.
- The Maisie Hylton fellowship, in partnership with Creative Access, offers two sixth month placements on the production desk at The Financial Times for BAME journalists.
- The Nico Colchester fellowship, where two young European journalists can win the chance to spend three months at the FT and the Economist.
- The Marjorie Deane internships, up to six months’ work experience at the FT for promising journalists or would-be journalists.
- The Google News Initiative Fellowship, allows one student interested in journalism and technology and currently studying at a UK university to spend two months working as part of the FT Graphics, Statistics and Interactive News teams in London.
Back to top